- Through a connection made by one of our cluster members, NorTech invited the PUCO Commissioner to participate in the Smart Grid Roadmap Working Group in 2010/2011. The Commissioner assigned his aid to join the working group.
- The Commissioner was impressed by the outcomes and process, specifically the focus on and engagement of active companies in the sector, of the Working Group. As a result, he invited NorTech to engage in a statewide Smart Grid effort which he was leading.
- Based on that engagement and additional insight into our work, he proactively engaged the Chairman and coordinated a meeting in Cleveland to meet with NorTech Energy Enterprise cluster companies.
- Through the roundtable, we learned that a very specific issue – dynamic, market driven electricity retail pricing – is being taken up by the PUCO.
- We gained important insights into how to meaningfully engage with the PUCO on such matters.
- NorTech is now engaged directly with the PUCO on matters important to the cluster, as identified in the Smart Grid and Energy Storage Roadmaps.