Developing the advanced energy cluster in Northeast Ohio
NorTech Energy Enterprise is helping to grow the advanced energy cluster in Northeast Ohio, based on our region’s unique strengths and assets. This advanced energy cluster will drive regional growth, create jobs in Northeast Ohio, and have a long-term economic impact on the region. Here is some of what NorTech Energy Enterprise does to grow this advanced energy cluster:
- Serves as the focal point in Northeast Ohio for the advanced energy cluster.
- Builds relationships among cluster members for funding, research, and business opportunities.
- Attracts new members to the cluster.
- Creates market-driven roadmaps with regional partners that define a vision and execution path to generate economic growth and jobs.
- Connects and convenes public and private partners.
- Drives state and federal funding opportunities to the region.
- Takes Northeast Ohio’s advanced energy industry story to regional and national audiences to attract resources to the region.
- Conducts workshops and hosts educational and networking events.
- Participates in national policy discussions in support of Northeast Ohio’s goals.
- Collects, reports and utilizes data for cluster-growth purposes.
NorTech: nonprofit, technology-based economic development organization
NorTech Energy Enterprise is an advanced energy initiative of NorTech, a leading nonprofit, technology-based economic development organization serving 21 counties in Northeast Ohio. The initiative was founded in 2009 in partnership with The Cleveland Foundation and with support from the Fund for Our Economic Future.