NorTech has developed a series of advanced energy roadmaps to accelerate job growth and regional economic impact in Northeast Ohio's advanced energy industry over the next seven years. The waste & biomass to energy roadmap provides a detailed vision and action plan to achieve growth in this sector by focusing on Northeast Ohio's core assets, markets, strengths and competitive advantage. NorTech is working with its partners in the advanced energy cluster and the region's economic development ecosystem to implement the waste & biomass to energy action plan.
|Arkos Equipment Company||quasar energy group||Vadxx Energy|
|The 8 NEO organizations in these 2 segments accounted for approximately 35 employees and $14 million in revenue in 2009.|
Vision: To become the global leader in thermal depolymerization technology.
|A process that reduces complex materials, such as waste plastics and other polymers, into light crude oil or other early stage derivatives. Under pressure and heat, polymers of hydrogen, oxygen, and carbon decompose into petroleum hydrocarbons.|
Vision: To leverage NEO’s U.S. leadership to become the largest global producer of highsolids anaerobic digestion systems.
|A microbial bioconversion process that converts solid organic waste materials into bio-gas and a nutrient rich compost.|
Regional Action Plan
- Introduce potential polymer waste suppliers to thermal depolymerization companies
- Support successful scale-up by providing Grant assistance
- Assist in development of regulatory and permitting process and standards at Federal (Region 5) and Ohio EPA
- Initiate cluster awareness and promote anaerobic digester technology
- Develop, advocate, and lobby for state policies that address feedstock restrictions
- Identify and link financing sources to willing digestion project developers, including NEO waste-water treatment facilities
- Offer legislative support for CNG, LNG, renewable energy sources
To learn more about waste & biomass to energy, visit the following resources: